Position: Application Engineer – Talent & Acquisition
Employment Type: Contract, Full time
Start: 01 August 2022
Duration: 6 months initially, with expectations to extend
Location: Remote (Must be UK based)
Focus on SAP is specialist SAP Recruitment organisation offering both permanent and contract staffing solutions on a global scale.
Client – Partnered with a global consulting partner that is recognised by SAP as a trusted implementation partner.
Role – This is a great opportunity for an Application Engineer with a strong business process understanding of Talent & Acquisition, looking for a new contract role offering the potential of long term work. You will be joining a team of experienced consultants; however, you will be expected to take ownership and deliver the implementation at the highest standards. You will be responsible for understanding business processes and applications at a high technical level. You will be recognised as the Subject Matter Expert to support business stakeholders on operational support, development, and testing activities.
- Develop a deep understanding of the end-users existing application landscape
- Work closely with the product domain (product managers and product owners) to analyse, develop, test and implement changes in line with business needs.
- Ensuring any changes required to the Talent & Acquisition applications or interfaces are agreed with all stakeholders, scheduled accordingly, and completed within the required timeframe.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for day to day support of existing systems; including supporting and coaching application engineers within the team.
- Provide oversight and participate in application testing, configuration and implementation of new systems, upgrades, system changes and enhancements.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and actively seek out opportunities to streamlining processes through automation
- Collaborate closely and develop effective partnerships with key stakeholders
- Evaluate technical & functional designs against business requirements; ensuring impact to supported systems is understood and managed effectively in order to enable seamless transition to business as usual support.
- Use the knowledge gained in the analysis, design, development and testing of changes to become an SME for the solutions delivered; enabling effective knowledge transfer & training to the wider team.
- Ensure all sensitive data is managed with caution and end user remains fully compliant with GDPR as well as other regulations
- Minimum 5 years HRIS support experience essential.
- Strong knowledge of Talent Acquisition business processes & systems is essential for this role.
- Experienced working on large projects; evaluating complex design documentation against business requirements and ensuring solutions delivered are fit for purpose
- Experienced creating detailed technical implementation plans and migrating changes into production
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Able to draw process flows and architecture diagrams using MS Visio.
- A strong technical background combined with the ability to understand business requirements, evaluate technical/functional design documentation and accurately assess any impact on existing systems and processes
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) – proven capability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences at different levels as appropriate.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Experience with IBM Kenexa BrassRing or Workday is desired but not essential
Salary – Competitive Day Rate
Location – Remote (Must be UK based)
Keywords – #focusonsap #hiring #applicationengineer #talentandacquisition