“Ladies and Gentlemen!
Welcome to the main event!
Which ERP system is better?!…
In the blue corner, coming in at 20,213 customers in 138 countries, it’s… SAP…. S…4…HANA!
And in the orange corner, with a respectable 24,223 customers in 132 countries, it’s…. Workday!”
Ding! Ding! Ding!
Right, now that we’ve got that out of our system, time for the serious chat!
SAP and Workday are 2 of the most popular ERP systems currently used by organisations all over the globe. But how do you go about choosing the right one for you?
Well, don’t worry, we are here to help you make that decision. We’ll be laying out the facts and features of each system in one unified space, for your viewing pleasure.
Let’s start with the basics…
What is S/4HANA?
S/4HANA is an intelligent ERP system built on SAP HANA, the company’s in-memory database. It is the next generation of SAP’s ERP system, designed to help businesses run more efficiently through real-time analytics and enhanced business processes.
What is Workday®?
Workday is a cloud-based software company that offers applications for human capital and financial management. Its software is designed to assist businesses in managing their finances, human resources, and other operations more efficiently and effectively.
What are the key features of each system?
- Streamlined business processes: SAP S/4HANA provides a unified view of all business processes, which can aid in reducing complexity and increasing efficiency.
- Real-time analytics: The in-memory database enables businesses to analyse business data in real time, allowing them to make faster, more educated decisions.
- SAP S/4HANA includes advanced automation capabilities that can assist businesses in automating repetitive tasks and processes.
- Improved user experience: The system has been designed with a modern, intuitive user interface that aims to make navigating and using the system easier for users.
- Workday provides a variety of tools for managing HR processes such as hiring, performance management, and succession planning.
- Financial management tools are included in the software, such as budgeting, expense tracking, and invoicing.
- Workday provides a variety of tools for generating reports and performing data analysis, which can help businesses make more informed decisions.
- Workday software is highly customisable, allowing businesses to configure the system to their specific needs and requirements.
Whilst Workday is clearly the more popular choice (according to the stats), S/4HANA was released 9 years after Workday and is only trailing behind by just over 4,000 customers. That’s impressive!
So, why do people choose S/4HANA?
SAP provides a variety of applications to assist businesses in managing several aspects of their operations, such as finance, human resources, and supply chain management.
They provide excellent customer service and a wide assortment of resources and services to help customers maximise the use of their SAP systems.
SAP systems have been designed to be adjustable, allowing businesses to add new users and capabilities as their requirements change.
SAP applications are built to work well together and can be seamlessly integrated with other systems, such as CRM and e-commerce platforms.
Industry-specific solutions: These are solutions tailored to the needs of particular industries, such as healthcare, retail, and manufacturing.
To get a more in-depth overview of the attributes S/4HANA could bring to your company, check out the SAP website here.
Why do people choose Workday®?
It’s a fully integrated system, which means that all the multiple modules, such as payroll, benefits, and recruiting, work together. Companies can save time and money by not having to deal with the added complication of using multiple systems.
If you’re looking for flexibility, lower costs and faster analytics, then S/4HANA can cater to you, but if you’re more in need of a system that supports enriching employee experiences, gaining deeper insight and improving effectiveness then Workday might be the right option.
After reading all the technical details about each system, which one will you choose?
Or have you already implemented one of them, but are now considering moving over to the other?
No matter which system you choose, the key to a successful set-up is the team behind it. Having the right team in place and knowing what you need is crucial from the outset.
Whether you are looking to add existing professionals to your team to enhance your system or at the early stages of implementation; Focus on SAP can help ease the stress of your recruitment requirements.
Contact one of our Recruitment Specialists today for a no obligation chat!
“But what if I choose Workday?” I hear you ask….
Focus Cloud Group have got you covered! Contact Focus on WD for all your Workday® recruitment needs.